If you are about to start a dollar store, it is very important to know the importance of store appearance to sales, profits, and ultimately business success. It is hard to imagine just how important a well-presented store can be. And the very steps required to establish the right impression are also easy to implement. It is simply a matter of setting the stage as you prepare to start your dollar store. Then you must follow-up with the right steps to maintain a fully-stocked, eye-catching, and inviting appearance. Do this and watch as your sales soar.
- Make an impact on every customer who walks through the front door of your dollar store business. Make sure the shelves appear to be organized and overflowing with merchandise. Check if your store is well lit, clean, and organized. Use colors to enhance the inviting image you are setting and play pleasant music in the background.
- Store layout is critical to sales. Always remember to put upfront thought into establishing a logical path for shoppers to follow as they work their way through your store. Generally, shoppers will enter, turn to the right as they face the rear of your store and proceed to walk to the wall. Then they will work their way from one aisle to the next examining the merchandise in your dollar store business. They will continue this process one aisle at a time until they’ve covered the entire store.
- Select those colors that are both warm and inviting to your shoppers. Even before you start a dollar store, it is important to plan on the color scheme for your store. Your goal in this is to make your store a place every shopper will come in to and then stay longer. After all the longer they shop, the more merchandise they are likely to purchase.
- Stripe the merchandise that is on display in your dollar store business. This is an important step to take when you first start a dollar store. Instantly you are set for higher sales.
- Face all displays of merchandise forward. This process involves just pulling everything forward on peg hooks and shelves. This leaves everything looking full. The appearance of being faced up and pulled forward is so important that it should be completed several times each day to maximize the impact on sales for your business. It should be built in the daily activities of your employees throughout your hours of operation.
- Spread merchandise in your dollar store business to keep it looking fully stocked. Simply pull items from one row and put them at the front of peg hooks and shelves that have had their merchandise sold. Your customers will always purchase more when your store looks fully stocked. In fact, the dollar-store sales levels from maintaining the appearance of being fully stocked will surprise you.